Top 5 Reasons to Come on the Discovery Weekend
5. A chance to get some fresh mountain air and a break from campus life.
4. A chance to make great new friends from UNC and all over North Carolina and Virginia. There will be students from all over the world there!
3. A chance experience an international worship band and hear some great live music.
2. A beautiful hike to the top of a mountain with a gorgeous view and photo opportunity.
1. A chance to hear what the Bible says about the secret to success. We’ll hear insights from the CEO of a fortune 500 company, and talk about success in relationships, the workplace, and academics, too.
International Friends at UNC will be joining dozens of other international students from all over NC and VA for a weekend retreat the the beautiful campground of Camp Hanes in Winston-Salem, NC for a weekend getaway! Come get away from the stress of campus with us to make new friends, enjoy nature, and hear interesting ideas about what the Bible has to say about “true success.”
The topic of the retreat is True Success: What does the Bible say? Our main speaker is Robbie Cannon, President and CEO of Horizon Investments, a Fortune 500 company, who will talk about what true success really is. We will also have interesting seminars and small group discussions about true success in academics, the workplace, marriage, and dating/singleness.
In addition to that, in our free time there will be exciting activities, such as a line-dancing lessons on Saturday night, and free time Saturday to hike the mountain together, or other great outdoor activities. The facilities are nice, and we will stay in cabins with bunk beds and bathrooms (don’t worry, no tents!)
The cost of the retreat is $65 for a single, $125 for a couple. If you would like to register, please email Jim Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships are available if finances are a problem. Registration deadline is Feb 25th.